Professional Development: Gung-Ho! Leadership Book Study or Field Guide
Educators, from novice to veteran, will all reap benefits from participating in this book study/field guide experience in an on-going professional development activity. This resource can be utilized and implemented in many different facets and scenarios.
The following are a few examples of its implementation:
(1) An independent professional development completed by oneself to improve his/her leadership skills;
(2) A small group, possibly a PLC, of colleagues who work together either in a grade level or department/content area who want to improve leadership skills;
(3) A group of novice administrators looking to improve his/her leadership skills;
(4) A superintendent with a group of school site administrators who want to collectively improve leadership skills; and
(5) A literacy coach who is coaching to improve the leadership skills of a cadre of teacher leaders.
The following can be found in this resource of 50 pages:
(1) A summary of the three fables;
(2) An introduction of the entirety of the story/fable for the reader;
(3) A character’s list for the reader;
(4) Charts to complete that correspond to specified pages and activities;
(5) Approximately 130 discussion questions to complete as the fables are read and discussed in small group;
(6) Fill-in-the-Blank statements that correspond to specified pages within the story;
Activities to Complete Include the Following:
(1) Activity 1: “Worthwhile Work”
(2) Activity 2: “Meaningless Jobs”
(3) Activity 3: “Commitment and Buy-In”
(4) Activity 4: “Values vs. Goals”
(5) Activity 5: “Hold or Roll”
(6) Activity 6: “What’s Our Why?”
(7) Activity 7: “What’s Your Mantra?”
Additionally, there are 10 mini-posters to illustrate each of the three fables and utilize, when needed, for small group discussion.
Gung-Ho! as you all work through this professional development activity regarding improving your leadership skills!
Related Products Include:
(1) Professional Development Book Study: The Energy Bus Leadership Guide and Workbook
(2) Professional Development Book Study: Are You Educating a Fish in a Tree?
(3) Professional Development Book Study: Our Iceberg is Melting!
*Note: You do not have to be a teacher to purchase products.
|Tag||Adult Education, College/University, Not Grade Specific|
Write a Review
Subscribe to Our Newsletter
- Your cart is empty.